IN this paper we desire to consider, in some little detail, the scriptural instruction upon the Morning Star and the Sun of righteousness. All, we are quite sure, will admit that, inasmuch as the writers of scripture were led by the Holy Ghost to give to our Lord His several titles, not one of them can be without significance. It is therefore of the first importance that we should seek to understand them, and thus to acquire a deeper knowledge of the Lord Himself in the apprehension of the mind of the Spirit. For what is needed to establish our souls is a larger acquaintance with the thoughts of God concerning His beloved Son, and thereby to be brought into fellowship with His own heart. It is only thus indeed that we can occupy our true place in this world as His representatives while awaiting His return. In this first chapter then we propose to adduce the teaching of the scriptures upon –
1. The Morning Star.
2. The Interval between the Morning Star and the Sun of Righteousness.
3. The Sun of Righteousness.
|Date:||April 16, 2015|
More from this categoryBrethren
AIM: Brethren Authors
This AIM (Affiliation Index Module Category) is set up to mark all Brethren Authors.
- Anderson Robert – The Silence of God Theodicy
- Anderson, Robert-The Way
- Anderson, Sir Robert – A Doubter’s Doubts about Science and Religion
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Bible or the Church
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Daniel in the Critics Den
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Entail of the Covenant
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Forgotten Truths
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Human Destiny
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Misunderstood Texts of the Bible
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Redemption Truths