Christ’s Famous Titles
by William Dyer 1663
This work is a translation of William Dyer’s work ‘Christ’s famous titles’ first published in 1663 which ran through several editions through into the nineteenth century. Dyer, who died in 1696, was a Non-Conformist minister with Quaker sympathies, who was a minister at Chesham and Cholesbury, Buckinghamshire. The text was first translated by C. Maclauruinn for a Glasgow 1817 edition. It was clearly a popular work – five Gaelic editions were also published in Edinburgh between 1845 and 1894. Maclauruinn in his English preface opines that ‘it is neither a popular nor an elegant publication … but an evangelical one’. Dyer examines various famous titles for Christ. An excellent work!
FREE MODULE, click on the download link of this post.
|Date:||August 29, 2015|
More from this categoryChristology
- Aitken – The Revealer
- Anderson, Sir Robert – The Coming Prince
- Andrews, Samuel – Life of our Lord upon the Earth
- Anonymous – The Good Shepherd (Life of Christ)
- Athanasian Creed
- Athanasius – On the Incarnation
- Austin-Sparks Unveiling of Jesus Christ
- Austin-Sparks, T – Centrality and Universality of the Cross, the
- Austin-Sparks, T. – Horizoned by Christ
- Austin-Sparks, T. – Horizoned by Resurrection