Also known as “Judean Antiquities” is a twenty-volume historiographical work composed by the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus in the thirteenth year of the reign of Roman emperor Flavius Domitian which was around AD 93 or 94. Antiquities of the Jews contains an account of history of the Jewish people, written in Greek for Josephus’ gentile patrons. In the first ten volumes, Josephus follows the events of the historical books of the Hebrew Bible beginning with the creation of Adam and Eve. The second ten volumes continue the history of the Jewish people beyond the biblical text and up to the Jewish War.
20 Books, 257 total chapters.
|Date:||May 10, 2015|
More from this categoryJ
- James, J.A. – Jewels (8 volumes) devotional
- James, John Angell – Anxious Inquirer after Salvation
- James, John Angell – Christian Father’s Present to His Children
- James, John Angell – Christian Fellowship
- James, John Angell – Christian Hope
- James, John Angell – Christian Love
- James, John Angell – Christian Professor
- James, John Angell – Christian Progress
- James, John Angell – Church in Earnest
- James, John Angell – Female Piety