Daily Devotional from F.B.
WALKING NOT AFTER THE FLESH, BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus. That the requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”– Rom 8:1-4 (R.V.).
THE APOSTLE here is dealing with the conditions of a holy life; and the condemnation to which he refers is that caused by the constant failure so graphically described in the previous chapter. From my own experience, I think that the introspection which is often induced by ill-health and weakness makes us very sensitive to the failure and shortcoming of the inner life. We know that we are accepted in Christ, and that our sins are forgiven us for His sake; but we are deeply conscious that in us (i.e. in our flesh) dwelleth no good thing from. Rom 7:18).
|Date:||December 13, 2017|
More from this categoryDevotional Works
- Aitken – Devotional Thoughts
- Alexander, Archibald-One Day at a Time
- Bellett-Showers on the Grass
- Brown, Hugh – Altogether Lovely
- Dabney, J.N. – Pilgrim Portions
- Daily Devotional on Comfort
- Drummond, Henry – The Greatest Thing in the World
- Everard, George – Welcome Home
- Fortner, Don – Discovering Christ Day by Day