The test of the tree
“Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire! Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.” Mat 7:19-20
The fruit is now, as it shall be hereafter, the test of the tree. There is no such thing as faith without works. Without godly works, your profession is a lie, your faith is dead, your hope is a delusion.
The works by which we recommend religion and adorn the doctrine of God our Savior,
the works which spring from love to Christ and aim at the glory of God,
the works by which a holy man blesses society and leaves the world better than he found it
— are the gracious and graceful ornaments of the blood-bought Church. They are the “gold of Ophir,” “the beautiful garments” in which His bride appareled as a queen, stands at her Lord’s right hand — a lovely form, in a blaze of beauty and of jewels!
~ ~ ~ ~
|Date:||December 5, 2017|
More from this categoryDevotional Works
- Aitken – Devotional Thoughts
- Alexander, Archibald-One Day at a Time
- Bellett-Showers on the Grass
- Brown, Hugh – Altogether Lovely
- Dabney, J.N. – Pilgrim Portions
- Daily Devotional on Comfort
- Drummond, Henry – The Greatest Thing in the World
- Everard, George – Welcome Home
- Grace Gems Devotional for 2000 A.D.
- GraceGems devotional (from 2001)