The following pages were written with an earnest desire to increase the happiness, and advance the spiritual welfare of English households. Published originally in another form, I trust they may be still more useful in a permanent shape. I have endeavored to aid each member of the home. There is a word for the children, the young people, and those more advanced in life. I have endeavored to point out special dangers and temptations, and also to suggest from God’s Word the means by which they may be overcome.
The incidents and illustrations employed have mostly been drawn from twenty-five years’ experience in the ministry, and may make it still more profitable to guide the faithful and true-hearted servant who wishes to do his Lord’s will.
I commend the book to Him who alone can build up our families in faith and goodness, and keep them from snares on the right hand and on the left.
“Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain.” Psalm 127:1
|Date:||January 10, 2018|
More from this categoryFamily
- Abbott, Gorman – Family at Home
- Abbott, J. – The Christian Mother
- Abbott, Jacob – Gentle Child Training
- Arthur, Timothy Shay – Home Mission
- Arthur, Timothy Shay – Married Life, Its Shadows and Sunshine
- Best, W.E. – Woman Man’s Completion
- Boa – Marriage: Intimate or Inmates?
- Everard, George – Talks about Home Life (wlue777)
- Everard, George-Talks about Home Life
- James, John Angell – Christian Father’s Present to His Children