SOME time ago I endeavored, though with no claim to originality of treatment, to draw practical lessons for the separated people of God from the captivity and post
In preparing this work, I have been greatly helped by a series of papers entitled, “From Malachi to Matthew,” which appeared a number of years ago in an English periodical now discontinued (Faithful Words, edited by H.F. Witherby). Dr. Grant’s “Between the Testaments” has also been consulted, and had that volume been more in accord with a belief in the plenary inspiration of Scripture, the book now in my been prepared. The Old Testament Apocrypha, (especially I Maccabees), Josephus, and various Jewish histories of recent date, have also afforded considerable help.
It will be observed that my object has been, not merely to give a chronological outline of events, or a series of biographical sketches, but to trace throughout lessons and warnings for any who to
History repeats itself in manifold ways, and he who is wise will not despise its instruction. 6 ‘ Happy is the man that feareth alway;” for he who thinks he stands, is the one who is exhorted to take heed lest he fall.
|Date:||October 28, 2015|
|Date:||March 27, 2017|
More from this categoryBrethren
AIM: Brethren Authors
This AIM (Affiliation Index Module Category) is set up to mark all Brethren Authors.
- Anderson Robert – The Silence of God Theodicy
- Anderson, Robert-The Way
- Anderson, Sir Robert – A Doubter’s Doubts about Science and Religion
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Bible or the Church
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Daniel in the Critics Den
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Entail of the Covenant
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Forgotten Truths
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Human Destiny
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Misunderstood Texts of the Bible
- Anderson, Sir Robert – Redemption Truths