OR, Gospel-Churches, A Standing ORDINANCE OF Jesus Christ,
TO Continue to His next Personal Glorious Coming, plainly Proved; Objections particularly Answer’d.
Baxter, Richard, 1615-1691.
Table of Contents
TO THE READER.
THE PREFACE To the ensuing Discourse.
Gospel-Churches, A Standing ORDINANCE OF Jesus Christ.CHAP. I.Demonstration I.
CHAP. II.Demonstration. II.
CHAP. III.Demonstration. III.
CHAP. IV.Demonstration. IV.
CHAP. V.Demonstration. V.
CHAP. VI.Demonstration. VI.
CHAP. VII.Demonstration. VII.
CHAP. VIII.Demonstration. VIII.
CHAP. IX.Demonstration. IX.
CHAP. X.Demonstration. X.
Let explain that this work is an old work, and it is kind of difficult to follow, as Baxter’s speech is of his day, not our day.
1. Sore, great Persecutions, hath he oft raised against them from the first dayes of the Gospel, till now.
2. Schisme amongst the Churches of Christ
3. False Doctrine, Worship.
4. False Visions, lying Revelations; upon which many times, false Doctrine, Worship, hath been built, supported.
5. Pretensions to a more than Ordinary Authority, Power. False-Prophets, Pseudo-Apostles there were even in the Apostles dayes,
6. False Miracles, Lying Signs and Wonders.
7. Open, avowed, oppositions to Gospel-Institutions of this device of Satan to ruine the Churches of Christ, we might give a distinct, and large account; some there were of old that opposed, denied, some particular Ordinances; others refused communion with the Churches, as no Churches of Christ.
Two things must here briefly be enquired into.
1. What a Gospel-Church, or an Instituted-Church of Christ is.
2. That such a Church is of the Institution of Christ.
Gospel Churches is a Reformed examination of the Bible's teaching on the Church of the New Testament. Baxter talks of what the New Testament should be. A little difficult to follow him in that of his old English speech.
|Date:||May 12, 2020|
Luis Antonio Palomino Samudio wrote on Thursday, 28 May 2020 19:04:
I am very grateful to God for having placed in Costas Stergiou's mind the idea of creating a free program of such excellent quality and so useful for my personal life and for my work in the Lord's work. God bless you dear brother! A big hug from Colombia.
Andrej wrote on Wednesday, 13 May 2020 23:13:
Dear TheWord team,
I really want to say thank you. With this thanksgiving, I stand before our Lord Jesus Christ and praise his holy and glorious name for giving you such gifts. I have been blessed abundantly with this software. There is no better software for me! I wish you from the heart of God's rich blessings, strength, patience and love that you can continue to work as the Lord uses you!
Harold Altman wrote on Tuesday, 04 February 2020 15:27:
Believe me...this is the best Bible software ever. I have used it for several years and find it is better for me than the purchased one...Never stop your great WORK for our LORD.
Kevin Malope wrote on Saturday, 10 August 2019 07:16:
I am from South Africa (Groblersdal), and I would like to extend my astronomical gratitude to "the word" team for their remarkable job on this software let alone making it free for all to access. This is a true act of serving God. I have used this software for almost 4 years and I'm thoroughly impressed by the effort you have put in it. May God continue to bless you in all your future developments.
...Your Fellow Servant of Christ Jesus
Be blessed in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
Greetings from Germany
David Williams wrote on Sunday, 10 March 2019 23:15:
We just found out about your bible program, it is AWESOME. My wife and i spend hours each day studying and the better the program, with great study tips and tools, the better. Day 3- we love it!! THANK YOU.
See more comments at Guestbook.