This work is a simple examination of the Seven Last Sayings of Jesus on the Cross. I look at concepts, like forgineness, salvation afection, anguish, suffering, victory, and contentment. These are based on Luke 23:34, 43, John 19:26-27; Mat 27:46 and Mark 15:34; John 19:28, 30; Luke 23:46.
AIM: Baptist, David Cox.
CIM: Christology, Cross.
Version: 1.1 June 16, 2014
1. A Word of Forgiveness: Father forgive them. Luk. 23:34.
2. A Word of Salvation: Today you will be with me in Paradise. Luk. 23:43.
3. A Word of Affection: Behold your son; Behold your mother. Joh. 19:26-27.
4. A Word of Anguish: My God, My God, why have you forsaken me. Mat. 27:46; Mar. 15:34.
5. A Word of Suffering: I thirst. Joh. 19:28.
6. A Word of Victory: It is finished. Joh. 19:30.
7. A Word of Contentment: Father, into your hands I commit my spirit. Luk. 23:46.
Wikipedia. org designates these seven sayings with the following titles:
|Date:||May 6, 2016|