In this 14 chapter work, Cummins (Universalist) has no chapter headings. He studies Gethsemane, and what it means in the life of Christ.
CIM: Christology, Incarnation-Humiliation of Christ.
Version: 1.1 June 13, 2014
1. Gethsemane is the place of the Great Crushing.
2. The incarnation is a moral necessity.
3. Christ’s seeming unwillingness to do God’s will.
4. Christ’s seeming unwillingness (conti)
5. Sin causes a struggle in God’s will.
6. Humanity is cut off from God by sin.
7. The Efficacy of the Blood of Jesus
8. Jesus suffering the consequences of sin.
9. Christ separated from God.
10. The factors of Victory
11. The Price Christ paid
12. The purpose of God in the death and resurrection.
NOTE: This work came to me with chapters without titles, and I have tried to discern the topic of each chapter and name it according, but this is my addition to the work, and it was not originally in the work. –editor David Cox
This book was originally copyrighted in 1944 and published by the author, Robert Cummins. It has now lapsed into Public Domain. It was converted to electronic format and made available on the internet at http://www. baptistbiblebelivers. com/. Their conclusions about the copyright status of the work are as follows:
A work on Gethsemane
|Date:||March 8, 2017|