Table of Contents
Bible Character Index Page
This Bible Characters Index Page is a single place to come looking for information on specific Bible Characters.
Tags Note: Each post has a series of tags, usually very similar to the chapters or topics in that work. The Tag Cloud will give you the specific tags (a marker in posts) that will take you to a listing of those works for that particular tag. For example, maybe 20 posts will be about Eschatology, and each one that somehow mentions heaven, or our heavenly hope, or “our eternal rest” (not the exact word “heaven” but the concept) would be tagged with the keyword tag “heaven”. A simple search on “heaven” would not pick up the last work, but since it is tagged with the “heaven” tag, it would be included in the tag cloud. Sometimes there will be non-name tags related to a Bible Character included in this list.
Works specifically on Bible Characters
- Adeney – Men of the Bible; Some Lesser-Known Characters
- Adeney – Women of the New Testament
- Alcott, William – Adventures Of Lot
- Allies – Saint Peter his Name and his Office (Catholic)
- Andre, G.-Moses, the Man of God
- Anonymous – Children of the Bible
- Anonymous – Children of the Old Testament
- Austin-Sparks, T. – Nehemiah – A Living Message for God’s People Today
- Barnes-Scenes Incidents Life of Paul
- Baxter, M.E. – The Women in the Word
- Bellett, J.G. – Joseph v2
- Bellett, J.G. – Notes on Joshua
- Bellett, J.G. – Pauls Apostleship and Epistles
- Bellett, J.G. – Short Meditations on Elisha
- Candlish – Scripture Characters and Miscellanies.
- Carradine-Bible Characters
- Carradine, Beverly – Bible Characters
- Carradine, Beverly – Soul Help
- Chappell, Clovis G. – Sermons on Bible Characters
- Dennett, Edward-Three Marys
- Dunkum, W.B. – Life of Paul
- Fereday, W.W. – Abimelech
- Fereday, W.W. – Balaam-His Words and Ways
- Fereday, W.W. – Elijah the Tishbite
- Fereday, W.W. – Jonah
Categories Note: As each post has tags which can be many “topics” (usually what the chapter content represents) it also has a certain major topic. This is the works “category”. Usually, we only assign 1 category per work (actually 3, the first two letters of author’s last name, his orientation-affiliation, and what the book is about). But, for example, those works that are specifically about Bible Characters, would be classified in the Bible Characters Category. That is how you know generally what the book is about. But in a particular book, say about the Tabernacle, the author may have a chapter devoted to Moses or Aaron. In this case, the category would be “Old Testament Studies” but one of the book’s tags would be “Moses” and another “Aaron”. We have set this up this way to catch and group in an easy to use listing things that would be more difficult to locate otherwise.