Litke Doctrine of Angels is three chapter outlines, Angels, Satan, and Demons, with a lot of information on each topic.
Sample from work of Litke Doctrine of Angels
Survey of Bible Doctrine:
Angels, Satan, Demons
Sid Litke, Th. M.
The Doctrine of Angels
I. The Existence of Angels
A.. The Bible assumes their existence.
1. 34 books (of 66 total) refer to angels.
2. Christ taught their existence (Mat. 8:10; 24:31; 26:53 etc.).
B. The Bible describes their creation.
1. Angels were created by God (Psa. 148:2, 5; Col. 1:16). Only God had no beginning (1Ti. 6:16).
2. Angels were created before the world and man (Job 38:6, 7).
3. Angels were created holy (Eze. 28:15; Jude 6).
II. The Nature of Angels
The Doctrine of Satan
I. The Existence of Satan
A. Seven Old Testament books and every New Testament writer refer to Satan.
B. Jesus referred to Satan (Mat. 13:39; Luk. 10:18; 11:18).
II. The Personality and Names of Satan
A. Personality – He has intellect (2Co. 11:3), emotions (Rev. 12:17) and will (2Ti. 2:26.
B. Names – He is called Satan, the Devil (slanderer), Lucifer (son of the morning), Beelzebub (Lord of the flies – Mat. 12:24), and Belial (lawless – 2Co. 6:15), the evil one (1Jn. 5:19), the tempter (1Th. 3:5), the prince of this world (Joh. 12:31), the god of this age (2Co. 4:4), the prince of the power of the air (Eph. 2:2), the accuser of the brethren (Rev. 12:10), and angel of light (false light – 2Co. 11:14), a serpent (Rev. 12:9), and a dragon (Rev. 12:3).
III. The Nature of Satan
A. He is a created angelic being. He was created as part of the angelic realm (Eph. 6:11-12; Eze. 24:18) and was the highest in rank of them all (Eze. 28:12-14).
B. He is an enemy of righteousness. He is a murderer (Joh. 8:44), a liar (Joh. 8:44), and accuser (Rev. 12:10) and our adversary (1Pe. 5:8).
C. He is a limited creature. He is limited by God (Job 1:12). He is not God’s equal (1Jn. 4:4). He is not omniscient, omnipotent or infinite in any way. Believers with God’s help can resist him (Jam. 4:7).
IV. The Fall of Satan
The Doctrine of Demons
I. The Existence and Nature of Demons
A. Their Creation – God created demons as part of the angelic realm originally (Col. 1:16).
B. Their Fall –
1. The evidence – It is clear that Satan has a following of like beings (“Prince of the demons” – Mat. 12:24; the Devil and his angels – Mat. 25:41). Demons are described throughout the Scriptures (Dan. 10:10-20; Mat. 10:1; Eph. 6:12).
2. The time – At the fall of Satan, many angels followed him in that rebellion (demons are fallen angels). A third of the angelic host seem to have fallen with Satan (Rev. 12:4 – the imagery of Satan as a “dragon” and angels/demons as “stars”).
C. Their Nature –
1. Demons are by nature the same kind of spirit beings as angels. They are personal, intelligent beings.
2. Demons are morally wicked (“unclean spirits” – Mat. 10:1; “evil” – Luk. 7:21; “wickedness/darkness” – Eph. 6:12).
a. They are deceitful (1Ti. 4:1-3; 2Co. 11:13-15).
b. They are immoral (Gen. 6:4; Jude 6, 7).
3. Demons are invisible but also able to appear (Satan – Zec. 3:1; Mat. 4:9. 10; Demons – Rev. 9:7-10; 16:13-16).
4. Demons have great intelligence. They knew Christ’s identity and power (Mar. 1:14, 34; 5:6, 7). They know their own future judgment (Mat. 8:28, 29). They can attempt to predict the future (Act. 16:16). They’re knowledge is not infinite. They learned it through thousands of years of experience and observation.
5. Demons have great strength (Mar. 5:3; Act. 19:16; Rev. 9:1-11).
II. The Activity of Demons
Litke Doctrine of Angels
Download “litke-doctrine-of-angelsangel.gbk_.twm”litke-doctrine-of-angelsangel.gbk_.twm – Downloaded 134 times – 25.00 KB
More Works on Angels
- Allen – How to Have Power over the Devil
- Alsobrook The Accuser
- Arthur Angel and the Demon
- Bohlin, S. – Angels: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Bounds SATAN: His Personality, Power and Overthrow
- Bragg Angelology Systematic Theology
- Brooks Precious remedies against Satan’s Devices
- Chafer – Satan
- Chafer Major Bible Themes [e] [m]
- CIM: Angelology 9-23-2014
- Closson Is being touched by an angel enough?
- Copeland Ministering Spirits
- David Cox – Angelology
- DCox Angel from Bible Dictionaries
- Dehaan Angels and Demons
- Dehaan Angels and Demons: Their Nature, Origin, Ministry, and Classification
- Epp The Devil Exposed
- Gaebelein What the Bible says about Angels
- Gann Angels
- Gray Spiritism and Fallen Angels
- Knepper Satan bound
- Litke Doctrine of Angels
- Luginbill – Angelology: the Study of Angels
- Luginbill- Satanic Rebellion
- Malan Demonology and Spiritual Warfare
- McGee How to Stand Against Satan
- McGee How to Stand Against Satan
- McRae Lectures on Satan
- Multiple – Demon Experiences in Many Lands
- Murray Christian Armour Eph 6:10-18
- Parson Satans devices and the believer’s victory
- Powell Satan The Great Deceiver – review
- Probe Questions and Comments on Angels
- Townsend Satan and Demons
- unknown The Strategy of Satan: The Deceiver
- Welch Satan His Snares, Devices and Goal
- White The Truth about Angels
- White, E.G. – The Truth about Angels
- Whitefield Satan’s Devices
- Whitworth The Angel Quiz