Table of Contents
Solomon and His Temple
By W.W. Fereday
See also Knapp, C. – The Kings of Judah and Israel
Preface of Solomon and His Temple
The following pages were written by an aged pilgrim upon a sick-bed in intervals of comparative freedom from pain. The reader who may discover blunders and deficiencies will therefore please regard them with that gracious pitifulness which is always delightful in the children of God; and like the careful fishermen ofMat 13:48he will put “the good into vessels and cast the bad away.”
The days of Solomon were unique in the history of Israel and of the world; and the house that he built unto the name of Jehovah was also unique. It was all a bright foreshadowing of days of glory and blessing yet to be brought in by the Lord Jesus. The nations of the world will then cease to strive, and will dwell peacefully under His righteous sway, and the Temple in Jerusalem will be sought unto from the ends of the earth because Jehovah is there.
“Amen. Come, Lord Jesus” (Rev 22:20).
Tags within works on Bible Characters
More Works on Bible Characters
- Adeney – Men of the Bible; Some Lesser-Known Characters
- Adeney – Women of the New Testament
- Alcott, William – Adventures Of Lot
- Allies – Saint Peter his Name and his Office (Catholic)
- Andre, G.-Moses, the Man of God
- Anonymous – Children of the Bible
- Anonymous – Children of the Old Testament
- Austin-Sparks Nehemiah – A Living Message for God’s People Today
- Barnes Scenes Incidents Life of Paul
- Barnes-Scenes Incidents Life of Paul
- Baxter, M.E. – The Women in the Word
- Bellett J.G. – The Patriarchs
- Bellett, J.G. – Joseph v2
- Bellett, J.G. – Notes on Joshua
- Bellett, J.G. – Pauls Apostleship and Epistles
- Bellett, J.G. – Short Meditations on Elisha
- Candlish – Scripture Characters and Miscellanies.
- Carradine Beverly – Bible Characters
- Carradine Beverly – Soul Help
- Carradine-Bible Characters
More Works mentioning King Solomon
- Broadus – On the Preparation and Delivery of Sermons
- Fereday, W.W. – Solomon and His Temple
- Kingsley, Charles – Water of Life and Other Sermons
- Law, Henry – Song of Solomon
- Unknown-Maps of the Bible
01. Cover Page
02. Table of Contents
04. The Kingship in Israel.
05. David and Solomon
06. Adonijah's Usurpation
07. The King's Dream
10. Supremacy and Prosperity
11. The Daughter of Pharaoh
12. Provision for the House
13. The Temple
14. Bringing up the Ark.
15. Solomon's Great Public Prayer
16. The Feast of Tabernacles
17. Jehovah Speaks Again
18. 'I made me great works"
19. The Queen of Sheba
20. Horses. Gold. Wives.
21. Apes and Peacocks
22. Closing days
23. In Solomon's Porch"
|Date:||April 22, 2015|