Table of Contents
BEACONS OF THE BIBLE
by Henry Law, 1869
Henry Law (1797-1884) was a pastor in the Church of England. He was a prolific preacher of God’s Word and penned a number of works. This one highlights different persons of the Bible.
Contents of Beacons of the Bible
The Spirit Striving in Vain
The Flood of Evil
The Flood of Waters
Cities of the Plain
Abraham in Egypt and at Gerar
More Works by Henry Law
- Law, Henry – Beacons of the Bible
- Law, Henry – Gleanings from the Book of Life
- Law, Henry – The Gospel in Deuteronomy
- Law, Henry – The Gospel in Exodus
- Law, Henry – The Gospel in Genesis
- Law, Henry – The Gospel in Leviticus
- Law, Henry – The Gospel in Numbers
Henry Law (1797 – 1884)
Here is a quote from Law’s work on Genesis: “For three days Abraham journeyed towards the appointed mount. This was large opportunity for unbelief to whisper many a dissuading thought. This was long time for the father’s heart to ache. He looks on his child, and there is agony. He looks up to his God, and the agony melts into the calmness of unruffled peace. He turns to his child, and his foot would sincerely falter. He turns to his God, and the step is firm in resolute resolve.. Behold God’s wondrous way. His word is honored. Faith triumphs, and is honored too. It is tried, and by the trial is confirmed and expanded. The patriarch now begins a new life of heavenly joy. For the joy of Isaac born is nothing to the joy of Isaac restored. A giving God was love in the highest. A restoring God is love in higher heights.”
Tags within works on Bible Characters
More Works on Bible Characters
- Adeney – Men of the Bible; Some Lesser-Known Characters
- Adeney – Women of the New Testament
- Alcott, William – Adventures Of Lot
- Allies – Saint Peter his Name and his Office (Catholic)
- Andre, G.-Moses, the Man of God
- Anonymous – Children of the Bible
- Austin-Sparks Nehemiah – A Living Message for God’s People Today
- Barnes-Scenes Incidents Life of Paul
- Baxter, M.E. – The Women in the Word
- Bellett, J.G. – Joseph v2
- Bellett, J.G. – Notes on Joshua
- Bellett, J.G. – Pauls Apostleship and Epistles
- Bellett, J.G. – Short Meditations on Elisha
- Candlish – Scripture Characters and Miscellanies.
- Carradine Beverly – Bible Characters
- Carradine Beverly – Soul Help
- Carradine-Bible Characters
- Chappell, Clovis G. – Sermons on Bible Characters
- Dennett, Edward-Three Marys
- Dunkum Life of Paul
Henry Law (1797-1884) was a pastor in the Church of England. He was a prolific preacher of God's Word and penned a number of works. This one highlights different persons of the Bible.
|Date:||September 14, 2015|
André Cardoso wrote on Saturday, 09 January 2021 01:09:
Thank you very much for creating and supporting this wonderful tool for Bible Study.
It has been a very important way for me to grow with the Lord Jesus.
E M Dickison wrote on Sunday, 23 August 2020 04:13:
I am just browsings here as was recommended by eSword.
Alex Reuben wrote on Friday, 21 August 2020 18:46:
I can't just believe how resourceful and yet very light this bible software is. I find it most useful for my personal devotion and sermon's study.
God bless you
Francis Appiah wrote on Wednesday, 08 July 2020 17:14:
This is the best if not one of the best bible softwares i"ve used so far. Its easy to download plus all its modules. I recommend it to any bible lover. I love it.
ROBERT wrote on Sunday, 28 June 2020 23:36:
Robert from Ghana, God richly the developers of this software. it has been a backbone in my ministry as a gospel minister. great job done! never give up for God will reward you with this work to support spreading of the gospel, Matt 28:19-20
John Wise wrote on Friday, 05 June 2020 21:36:
Thank you, for your great Bible program, I been using it for years and like it that much, I highly recommend it to others. I really appreciate you making available "A Faithful Version" module. You have put allot of effort into this web site with one of the best Bible PC program/app out there. So many versions to choose from. Once again Thank you, from John Wise, USA.
See more comments at Guestbook.