CONSOLATION: Addresses to the Suffering of the People of God
Discourses on Select Topics, Address to the Suffering People of God)by James W. Alexander (1852)
CONTENTS of Consolation
2. The PROVIDENCE of God—a ground of consolation.
3. The PROVIDENCE of God—in its application to the whole path of life.
4. The OMNIPOTENCE of God—a ground of enlarged Christian expectation.
5. The GOODNESS of God—a refuge in time of trouble. 6.
The soul sustained by hope rising to ASSURANCE.
7. Rest in God.
8. Christian joy expelling the distresses of the soul.
9. Consolation derived from the uses of chastisement.
10. Holy submission of Christ’s will—a source of consolation.
11. Consolation from God’s promise never to forsake His people.
12. The believer sustained by the strength of Christ.
13. The compassion of Christ to the weak, the sorrowing, and the sinful.
14. Consolation under the judgments of men.
15. Consolation derived from a review of Christian martyrdom.
16. The AGED believer consoled by God’s promise.
17. Consolation in regard to departed Christians.
18. All consolation traced up to its divine source.
|Date:||September 30, 2015|