Bonar Horatius – Story of Grace, the
Bonar Horatius – Story of Grace, the
I HAVE used the expression, “Story of Grace,” which will be found to occur not only on the title-page but once and again throughout this volume, not so much because of its simplicity, as because it seemed to me the exactest for bringing out the real nature of THE GOSPEL, and for helping us to shake off from it the misconceptions which selfrighteousness has in so many forms hung around it, defacing its comeliness and clouding its sunshine. God meant the Gospel to be not so much a profession of love as a visible exhibition of it; not so much a declaration of feeling as a history of facts. His object is not so much to address us in words that may be heard, as in deeds which may be seen and felt.
More from Christian Life Category
- Adams – Overcoming Evil with Good
- Aitken – Temptation and Toil
- Albert – On Cleaving to God
- Alexander Thoughts on Religious Experience
- Alexander, J. – My Brothers Keeper
- Alleine Heaven Opened
- Alleine, Joseph – Saint’s Pocket Book
- Anderson Christian Rumors
- Anderson Making Moral Choices
- Anderson Robert – The Silence of God Theodicy
- Anderson Spiritual Warfare
- Anderson, Sir Robert – The Way
- Anthology on Thanksgiving
- Arnold -The Christian Life: Its Course, Its Hindrances, and Its Helps.
- Arthur Timothy Shay – An American Story
- Arthur Timothy Shay – Extravagant Living
- Arthur, Timothy Shay – Hair Breadth Escapes
- Arthur, Timothy Shay – Nothing but Money!
- Arthur, Timothy Shay – Religion in Common Life
- Austin-Sparks Let us Run
- Austin-Sparks Spiritual Manhood
- Baxter, Richard – Mere Christianity
- Beecher, Henry Ward – Twelve Causes of Dishonesty
- Bellett, J.G. – Strength from God
- Bellett, J.G.- Strength from God
- Binning, Hugh – Fellowship with God
- Boatwright, Ron – Worship
- Bonar Horatius – Story of Grace, the
- Bonar Horatius A Stranger Here
- Booth An Essay on The Kingdom of Christ
- Booth You’re Going Too Fast!
- Bowman, Hetty – Life, its Duties and Discipline
- Bowman, Hetty – Sensitive Plant!
- Bowman, Hetty – Separation from the World
- Bowman, Hetty – Separation from the World!
- Bowman, Hetty – Thoughts on the Christian Life
- Brengle Love Slaves
- Brookes, J.H. – Mystery of Suffering
- Brooks – Legacies of Thomas Brooks
- Brooks A Word in Season to Suffering Saints
|Date:||April 20, 2016|
Buy me a Cup of Coffee! To make an old Christian work into a PDF, a module for theWord, MySword, or eSword takes time. These works are scans from old books, and as such, I have to go through the text some dozen times looking for places where the OCR is incorrect, blurred, or just skipped something.
Text Editing.Then there are the old Bible references like John iii. 16. Many young Christians and even preachers do not know the Latin system for books of the Bible. I convert Roman numerals in these books to Arabic (iii. to 3).
I have had to invest days and days in writing macros to read a long text, and make substitutions (for the above, search for "iii" and replace with "3:"). Unfortunately, with Psalms you have to start with 150 in Roman numerals (CL) and work your way backwards. But using macros, it is almost instantaneous the next time I need this. Work smarter, not harder. All this takes time and patience, (and being smart enough to do it in a macro language) (as well as a lot of coffee) and then making the text into theWord or eSword, mySword or a PDF.
Please donate something to me once every 6 months or even once a year, even if it is only $5, so that I can pay my bills for hosting, and also keep things moving along. It costs me about $10 per month to keep a website on the Internet. My websites also contains ads which have links to my sermons, tracts, books, that I have written. These keep my works before visitors, even if they are not visiting the specific website where I have them stored. It is my own "web" internally of my own sites with links to good Christian literature. May God bless for your prayers and donations.
Take a look at a few of our tracts:
salv76 suffering should seek his Savior - explains how we should react to problems and sufferings, we should seek the Savior.
pc15 How to fight against depression - we treat the problem of depression. Depression is not a physical disease, it is an emotional and spiritual disease that "bleeds over" and causes aggravation and physical consequences if not attended to at the spiritual-social-emotional level.
ch15 Congregating because we Love - a tract about why we attend church. Our relationship with our brethren in Christ is highly integrated with our salvation and our sanctification.
SSTeen1-01 Existence of God - Does God really exist? This is not a tract but a teen Sunday School Class that I wrote answering this important question.
fam48 Men are God's Agents - Men are God’s Agents to accomplish His Will, looks at man as God wants him to be. Manhood and the husband-wife relationship.