Edwards, Jonathan – Religious Affections are various chapters about Christian issues from this great preacher of centuries past.
By Jonathan Edwards
Jonathan Edwards is one of America’s greatest philosophers and theologians, and his sermons and texts are treasured pieces of American Puritan literature. He spent much of his life as a missionary to Native Americans, and his dedication to the faith has inspired generations of Christians. Edwards is known for both his high intelligence and reasoning prowess, as well as for the raw and tangible passion he expressed in his sermons.
Known as a “fire and brimstone” preacher, Edwards converted many 16th century Americans. This collection of sermons includes his most famous, “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God,” a powerful expression of God’s power and justice. This volume is an excellent starting point for those looking for a diverse selection of Edwards’ messages. from CCEL
More works by Jonathan Edwards
- Edwards, Jonathan – Charity and its Fruits, 16 sermons
- Edwards, Jonathan – David Brainerd
- Edwards, Jonathan – Natural Men in a Dreadful Condition
- Edwards, Jonathan – Religious Affections
- Edwards, Jonathan – Religious Affections, the
- Edwards, Jonathan – Resolutions
- Edwards, Jonathan – Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God
- Edwards, Jonathan – Treatise on Grace
- Edwards, Jonathan – Freedom of the Will
|Date:||September 13, 2015|