Table of Contents
Gleaning in Genesis
by Arthur W. Pink
Gleanings in Genesis by Arthur (Pink is a Baptist Reformed) is a 46 chapter work on Genesis.
‘We do not idolize him. But we do recognize him as a very unique man of God who can teach us through his pen and through his life. He was truly “born to write and all the circumstances of his life, even the negative ones he did not understand, propelled him to the fulfilment of that God-ordained purpose.’– RICHARD P. BELCHER Biography of Arthur Pink
“As a young man, Pink joined the Theosophical Society and apparently rose to enough prominence within its ranks that Annie Besant, its head, offered to admit him to its leadership circle. In 1908 he renounced Theosophy for evangelical Christianity… Pink very briefly studied at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago in 1910 before taking the pastorate of the Congregational church in Silverton, Colorado…By this time Pink had become acquainted with prominent dispensationalist Fundamentalists, such as Harry Ironside and Arno C. Gaebelein, and his first two books, published in 1917 and 1918, were in agreement with that theological position. Yet Pink’s views were changing, and during these years he also wrote the first edition of The Sovereignty of God (1918), which argued that God did not love sinners and had deliberately created “unto damnation” those who would not accept Christ. Whether because of his Calvinistic views, his nearly incredible studiousness, his weakened health, or his lack of sociability, Pink left Spartanburg in 1919 believing that God would “have me give myself to writing.” But Pink then seems next to have taught the Bible—with some success—in California for a tent evangelist named Thompson while continuing his intense study of Puritan writings. “ Go to the wikipedia.org article on Pink to read more.
Table of Contents of Gleanings in Genesis
1. Creation and Restoration.
2. Christ in Genesis 1.
3. Two Trees.
4. The Fall.
5. The Fall, continued.
6. The Fall, concluded.
7. Cain and Abel.
8. Cain and Abel, continued.
11. The Flood.
12. Noah a Type of Christ.
13. The Typology of the Ark.
16. Nimrod and the Tower of Babel.
17. The Call of Abraham.
18. Abraham and Lot.
19. Abraham and Melchizedek.
21. Abraham and Hagar.
22. Abraham at Ninety and Nine.
23. Abraham at Gerar.
25. The Birth of Isaac.
26. The Offering Up of Isaac.
27. The Man Isaac.
28. Isaac Blessing His Sons.
29. The Man Jacob.
30. Jacob at Padan-Aram.
31. Jacob at Padan-Aram, continued.
33. Jacob at Mahanaim.
34. Jacob at Peniel.
35. Jacob Meeting Esau.
36. Jacob at Bethel Again.
37. The Sunset of Jacob
40. Joseph As a Youth.
41. Joseph Betrayed by His Brethren.
42. Joseph in Egypt.
44. Joseph the Savior of the World.
45. Joseph and His Brethren, Dispensationally Considered.
46. Joseph and His Brethren, Evangelically Considered.
More Works by Arthur Pink
- Pink – Christian Doctrine
- Pink – Divine Inspiration of the Bible
- Pink – Doctrinal Books and Articles
- Pink – Spiritual Growth
- Pink – Why Four Gospels?
- Pink A-Gleanings in Genesis
- Pink-Gleanings from Paul
- Pink-Godhood of God
- Pink, Arthur – Gleanings from Paul
- Pink, Arthur – Gleanings in Exodus
- Pink, Arthur – Godliness of God
- Pink, Arthur – Heroes of the Faith
- Pink, Arthur W. – Gleanings in the Godhead, the Attributes of God
See more Commentaries by Arthur Pink: theWord Commentaries: Arthur Pink
More on Genesis
[caatlist name=genesis numberposts=10 pagination=yes instance=2]
Also see theWord Commentaries: Genesis
|Date:||May 11, 2015|