Table of Contents
Adams – Endless Punishment is a scriptural argument for the doctrine of Endless Punishment by Adams (Congregationalist). He outlines the teaching of Scripture making the point that this is what the Scripture really teaches.
CIM: Eschatology, Hell.
Version: 1.1 June 9, 2014
I. The Scriptures teach that there is a penalty for disobedience awaiting the finally impenitent. 4
II. Redemption by Christ is represented as having for its object salvation from final perdition. 15
III. The fall of angels, and of man, is a confirmatory proof of future, endless retribution. 24
IV. The terms used with regard to the resurrection of the dead, are proofs of endless retribution. 26
V. The Scriptures teach that the law of God has a curse: — which it has not, if future punishment be disciplinary. 32
VI. The Sentence passed upon the wicked indiscriminately, forbids the idea of discipline in future punishment. 33
VII. The duration of future punishment is expressed in the New Testament by the terms employed to denote absolute eternity. 34
More works on Hell
- A Grammar of New Testament Greek Vol. 1: Prolegomena
- Abbey-Overton – The English Church in the Eighteenth Century 18th
- Abbott, Gorman – Family at Home
- Abbott, J. – The Christian Mother
- Abbott, Jacob – Cyrus the Great
- Abbott, Jacob – Gentle Child Training
- Abbott, Jacob – Xerxes
- Abelson, J. – Jewish Mysticism
- Abrahams Chapters on Jewish Literature
Bible Notes on Hell
Some Additional Studies on Hell and Eternal Punishment
- Wikipedia.org Christian Views on Hell
- Are there degrees of punishment for sin in hell?
- Observations and Verses on Hell in the Bible.
Some Observations about Hell
- Rev 20:10 God throws Satan into Hell for his rebellion.
- If God's punishment of Satan is real, it is in the real place of hell.
- Hell was created by God exactly for the punishment of Satan and all that follow him.
- 2 Peter 2:4 God also will cast the fallen angels (demons) with Satan into hell.
- All that follow Satan and his rebellion instead of obeying God will go with him to hell.
- Mat 25:41 depart from me (people) accused ones into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
- Humans will be cast into hell with the fallen angels and Satan.
- Hell is described as an eternal fire, or burning to death but never being consumed or actually dying (stopping the suffering).
- Psa 9:17 he wicked will return to Sheol, Even all the nations who forget God.
- There two types of people, those who focus on God and worship Him and those who "forget" or ignore God.
- God/the Bible uses the threat of hell as a motivator because it is real - Mat 5:29; 10:28; 13:40-42; Mark 9:43-48.
- It would be senseless to use hell as a threat if it didn't really exist.
- God is not a person that lies, or exaggerates, or makes idle threats, what he promises he keeps, especially promises of punishment to the rebellious to him.
Adams - Endless Punishment is a scriptural argument for the doctrine of Endless Punishment by Adams (Congregationalist). He outlines the teaching of Scripture making the point that this is what the Scripture really teaches.
|Date:||May 26, 2021|