Aubuchon Honor thy Father and Mother is a single chapter sermon on honoring your mother.
Aubuchon Honor thy Father and Mother
Sermon Mark S. Aites
HONOR THY MOTHER
(Based On Sermon By R.AuBuchon)
TEXT: PROV. 6:20-22
1. This is a wonderful day, in that we have been blessed with the privilege of worshiping God, and to enjoy the national holiday of honoring our mothers.
2. Scripture certainly encourages us to honor them:
Eph. 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
6:2 Honor thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;
6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
3. I hope that you enjoyed in the bulletin the section I put in there about what my mother taught me? I want to share those with you for just a moment:
My mother taught me . . .
Medicine … If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they’re going to stay that way!
Humor … When that lawn mower cuts off your toes don’t come running to me.
Logic … “If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”
Genetics … “You are just like your father!”
My roots … “Do you think you were born in a barn?”
Anticipation … Just wait till your father gets home!
Receiving … You are going to get it when we get home.
Becoming an adult … If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.
Wisdom of Age … When you get to be my age, you will understand.
4. Mothers have such a strong impression on our lives, and sometimes it can be expressed with a little humor.
continue reading in the module…
More Works on the Family
- Abbott, Gorman – Family at Home
- Abbott, J. – The Christian Mother
- Abbott, Jacob – Gentle Child Training
- Advice to Young Ladies on Conduct
- Alexander, Archibald-One Day at a Time
- Alexander, J. – My Brothers Keeper
- Anderson Robert – The Silence of God Theodicy
- Anonymous – Children of the Old Testament
- Anthology on Thanksgiving
- Arthur Advice to Young Men on Their Duties and Conduct in Life
- Arthur Married Life, Its Shadows and Sunshine
- Arthur Pride and Prudence
Aubuchon Honor thy Father and Mother is a single chapter sermon on honoring your mother with various points and subpoints.
|Date:||June 8, 2021|